Tying notes in dissimilar chords

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Tying notes in dissimilar chords
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:44:49 -0600

I am transcribing a line for piano.  The following gives the right note
layout:

but it doesn't draw the ties (there should be three of them).  The
problem is, as soon as I change it to something that will draw ties,
that first column of whole notes gets knocked out of line.  If I just
set them as totally independent voices, *nothing* lines up vertically;
I can compromise with something like

and then I get all my ties, and many things line up, but not everything
that should.  I tried playing with tieWaitForNote, but couldn't get that
to do anything in this case.

Any thoughts?

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
A polar bear is just another way of expressing a rectangular bear.