Re: Print last page of score problem.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Print last page of score problem.
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:29:50 +0100

As has already been pointed out, it's almost impossible to give any more hints
without seeing the .ly file or at least the resulting PDF.

I hope you realize that the default paper size from LilyPond is A4, so if
try to print it to letter size paper and don't ask Acrobat to scale the page size so it fits on the paper, then it's no surprise if the score runs over the
end of the paper.

Do you see the same problems when you view the score in Acrobat or
is to just when you print it out?

It has been pointed out earlier on this mailing list that the default margins
are too narrow for some printers, so that might also be a problem.

  /Mats

alanvw wrote:

Checked that. There are 4 pages 1st 3 are OK using the staff size selected. The layout below is my template that I used for the score. Thanks for your suggestion. Hope someone can find the problem.

Alan

%%%%%score.ly%
\version  " 2.6.3"
\include  "Brass Band Template.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
    \new StaffGroup  \keepWithTag  #'score  \music
    \layout  {  }
    \midi  {  \tempo  4=60  }
}

It's kind of hard to tell without seeing your .ly file. But make sure that you have your paper size set correctly.

Arthur

On Friday 25 November 2005 08:37 pm, alanvw wrote:

> Dell 2400 + 512 RAM

> Windows XP Home

> HP3550 Printer

> Version 2.6.4-3

> I cant get the last page of the score to print at the correct spacing

> and as a result the print overshoots the page at the bottom however

> the other pages print correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion?

> Alan Albury-Ward

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems