Re: alternatives at beginning or middle

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: alternatives at beginning or middle
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:24:55 +0100

On 30/11/05, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Quoting Stuart Lowe <address@hidden>:
> > Lilypond seems to handle alternative endings on repeated parts very
> > well.  What about alternative beginnings, or even an
> > alternative somewhere in the middle?
> >
> > Can someone tell me how I would do this?
> >
> I don't know if there is any standardized notation for such things.
> However, if you want to have the brackets and labels, take a look
> at the section on "Manual Repeat Commands" in the manual.

Yes, that sort of works. However, there is no way to have Lilypond to
use volta brackets with a downstroke at the right side in this case,
which makes it look a bit weird. I was in contact with Han-Wen to get
this done as a sponsored feature, but he didn't want to do it until
the base code for all kinds of horizontal brackets had been cleaned
up, so I guess we'll just have to wait.
--
Sven Axelsson