Re: Trivial (?) question re dynamics positioning

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Trivial (?) question re dynamics positioning
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:02:05 -0800

On 4-Dec-05, at 6:42 PM, Thomas Ruedas wrote:

Hi,
lately I have been wondering about how to position dynamics commands
(i.e. f, p, mf, etc.) so that they are exactly in the middle between
the two staves of a piano score. The way suggested in the docs is to
put them into the notes of either the right or left hand, but this
results in them being closer to the upper or lower staff,
respectively, and makes it look as if they would only affect the
corresponding hand, which is not normally what I want.
The insertion of the dynamics in the part of one hand or another also
has the side effect that in the MIDI produced from it, only the
respective hand is affected by the dynamics command, but not both,
with is (usually) not what I want either.
Any solutions?

Go here:
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Piano- templates.html#Piano-templates>

Scroll two-thirds of the way down the page, where a template is given for this.

Hope it's useful
David