Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature

From: liang seng
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:32:57 +0000

Simon Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

there is a already a metronome marking. insert \tempo <beat> = <speed>
(<beat> is the same as the suffix for music entry -- 4 for quarter
notes, 2 for half notes, etc). Tweak this grob with MetronomeMark
properties.

alternatively there is the "meter" variable in the title block. the
default layout can be seen in the manual under 10.1.3 Creating Titles.

hth,
sb

Hi, yes, I am aware of the MetronomeMark property. However, the tempo marking that I meant was terms dictating the speed of a piece of music at the beginning eg. Allegro, Adagio. The "meter" in the header is useful only for these tempo markings at the beginning of a piece, it can't place them anywhere else. However, I've heard that it is now possible to place rehearsal mark aligned on time signatures at the beginning of a piece in version 2.7.20.
Cheers.