Re: Lyrics Not Working (Font Problem?)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics Not Working (Font Problem?)
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:57:15 +0100

There have been some reports of similar problems on the mailing
list, but I cannot recall having seen any universal solution. Obviously
the installation works for most people.
Anyway, do you have any specific reason to use the Cygwin version?
Otherwise, I would recommend to use the "native" windows versions
available at http://lilypond.org/web/install/.

  /Mats

Richard Furse wrote:

Hi there - having heard good things about Lilypond and needing to typeset for SATB, I thought I'd give it a go.

However I cannot get lyrics working - using the following code (taken from the lyrics tutorial):

        <<
        \relative {
                r4 c \times 2/3 { f g g }
                \times 2/3 { g4( a2) }
        }
        \addlyrics { I want to break free }

I end up with only the r's and f's visible when viewing the resultant pdf in Acrobat - and the style of the f suggests that this is supposed to be a forte marking. Is Lilypond somehow picking up the wrong font? I found something on the web mentioning a cure for font-related troubles by installing tetex-base, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Clues appreciated!

I'm running Cygwin on XP and used the standard Cygwin installer for the binary package. Contents of bug.txt below.