Re: Trivial (?) question re dynamics positioning

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Trivial (?) question re dynamics positioning
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:22:52 -0800

On 5-Dec-05, at 8:52 AM, Thomas Ruedas wrote:

Hi again,
On Monday 05 December 2005 06:02, David Rogers wrote:
On 4-Dec-05, at 6:42 PM, Thomas Ruedas wrote:
lately I have been wondering about how to position dynamics
commands (i.e. f, p, mf, etc.) so that they are exactly in the
middle between the two staves of a piano score.
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Piano- templates.html#Piano-templates>
thanks for the pointer, David; the example shows exactly what I want -
the only problem is that it didn't work for me when I copied it (and
commented out the pedal stuff, which I don't need here). The example
in the form I tried is given at the end of this mail.
I use 2.6.3 and got the following error:
Interpreting music...
error: unknown translator: `Engraver_group'

In the link above, I've changed "2.7" to "2.6" - there appear to be some small differences in the templates for the different versions.

And always say which version you're working on when you ask a question. :-)

David