Re: Install of 2.6.4 on FreeBSD

From: n0oct
Subject: Re: Install of 2.6.4 on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:40:15 -0600

> Hi Mats,
>

> I looked around and I do have gettext 0.14.5 installed on this machine,
> and ports have nothing for msgfmt. If that is indeed part of gettext,
> then it should be doing the right thing (I would think). Still no
> farther ahead, though. What could I try?
>
> Blessings,
>

> Fr. Gordon

Hi Fr. Gordon,

Are you running FreeBSD 5.X ?  I don't know if this will work on 4.X,
as my 4.11 machine has to have ghostscript-gpl on it [and that won't do
for lilypond].

You might try starting from scratch.  Make sure you've got all the
necessary dependencies [texinfo, teTeX-base, teTeX-texmf, ghostscript-
gnu OR ghostscript-afpl (not ghostscript-gpl) mftrace and others I'm
sure I'm forgetting].

Wipe out the directory created when you untarred lilypond-2.6.4.tgz
[mine is in /usr/ports/distfiles].  Now, execute tar -xzf again.
Change every instance of '4.7' to '4.6' in the 'configure' file.

As root, run ./configure.

Next, run 'gmake install'.  It will complain loudly about things, but
should run.

I'm guess some of your errors might be left over from running 'make'
rather than 'gmake'.  Just my 2 cents.

--

72, Jim N0OCT