Newbie: 1st Inversion C minor using Chord Mode

From: Leanne Northrop
Subject: Newbie: 1st Inversion C minor using Chord Mode
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:20:33 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I have just started using lilypond recently (2.7.16 on Mac 10.4) and am amazed at the results, especially the midi output, so I'd like to thank the author for the great job!

I am trying to create a C minor chord in the first inversion using chord mode but am having difficulties getting the result I'm expecting. I've tried reading section 7.2 of the manual but can't see what I have done wrong. Can anyone help? Here is the file that illustrates my problem:

\version "2.7.16"

twoWays = \relative c'{
\chordmode {c:m _\markup {Root} c':m/ees _\markup {1st Inversion} c':m/g _\markup {2nd Inversion}}
<ees g c>
\bar "||"
}

<<