Re: Roadmap to lily code

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Roadmap to lily code
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:04:57 +0100

Darius Blasband wrote:
On the positive side, I guess - Nicolas might contradict me here - that Python would have enabled far more people to hack with the internals., as the procedural-OO paradigm is more popular than functional programming. Besides, as far as I know, I would assume that Python provides enough functional programming primitives for the cases where you truly needed them.

Yes, that's also something to wonder about.

I do wonder how what the impact on performance would have been. Python objects are more heavyweight than SCMs, and the Garbage Collection opened a lot of possibilities in developing Lily.

I though Python had a GC... Did I miss anything ?

It didn't 7 years ago.