Re: alternate time sigs

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: alternate time sigs
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 01:04:02 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Are you sure? I got the impression that a layout object does not
occupy any space if you set the print-function (or stencil as it's called
in the latest versions) to false, in contrast to what happens when you
just set transparent = ##t. I just tried an example and couldn't notice
any incorrect spacing.

the problem is that a single beat should be spaced the same in 3/4 and 9/8. In 9/8, a beat is 3 8ths, while it is 2 8ths in 3/4.