Re: Roadmap to lily code

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Roadmap to lily code
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:44:08 +0100

Darius Blasband wrote:
How much for a migration to python as a sponsored feature :-)?

5 digits.

OK. What are the first two of these five digits ?

I really don't know. If anyone is serious about ponying up this much money, he/she can contact me, my rough guess is between 0.5 and 1.5 years of full-time work, so you can work out the math.

I'm also not sure it's a good idea. If you want python, it would be better to start afresh with a python version of LilyPond, and move speed-critical things to C(++). Then, end-result will be more "pythonic" I imagine that the end result will be slower than the current GUILE/Scheme combo.