Re: Roadmap to lily code

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: Roadmap to lily code
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:00:50 -0200

> I'm also not sure it's a good idea. If you want python, it would be
> better to start afresh with a python version of LilyPond, and move
> speed-critical things to C(++). Then, end-result will be more
> "pythonic"

> I imagine that the end result will be slower than the current
> GUILE/Scheme combo.

I bet it will be, unless lots of things will be written in C(++). I
can't see the advantage of doing that: re-write something that is
already working in c++/guile to c++/python.

I could sea the advantage of re-writing lily in only one language. but
this language would have to have a fast implementation and be dynamic
and very high-level. I can't think of a better choice than common
lisp ;-)

Cheers,

Pedro Kröger