Lilypond missing note head files

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Lilypond missing note head files
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:08:30 -0600

I am setting up my computer to use lilypond. So far I have read the
overview of lilypond from the web site and got the stable version
(2.6.5) installed with only one warning. The warning was asking for gs
to be 8.0+ and I have 7.1.

Well I have a simple file I am using to start out:

        \version "2.6.0"
        melody = \relative c' {
            \clef treble
            \key c \major
            \time 4/4

            d4 a e b
        }

        \score {
                \new Staff \melody
                \layout { }
                \midi { \tempo 4=60 }
        }

Yet when I tell lilypond to process it I get warnings like:

        address@hidden ~ $ lilypond test.ly
        GNU LilyPond 2.6.5
        Processing `test.ly'
        Parsing...
        Interpreting music... [1]
        Preprocessing graphical objects...
        test.ly:7:11: warning: note head `noteheads.s2' not found
            d4 a e
        programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered
        test.ly:7:9: warning: note head `noteheads.s2' not found
            d4 a
                 e b
        programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered
        test.ly:7:7: warning: note head `noteheads.s2' not found
            d4
               a e b

A search on google did not lead me to a page that told me how to fix
this warning. The resulting pdf has 4/4 on a sheet with the note lines
but no notes present. I am sure this is a silly new user problem so I am
open to advice or being pointed to a FAQ.

Stephen