Re: Lilypond missing note head files

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Lilypond missing note head files
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:33:46 -0600

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 09:19 +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> It's certainly not a FAQ, I cannot recall having seen this very problem
> before. However, you can get much more help from the mailing list if you
> - Tell what operating system you use

Gentoo Linux (2005.1)

> - Tell how you installed LilyPond (from some precompiled package or by
>    compiling it yourself)

Compiled myself from the lilypond-2.6.5.tar.gz I got from the lilypond
website.

> - Include the output of lilypond --verbose test.ly

Attached.

> By the way, you should expect problems (but not the problems shown
> below) if your gs version is too old.

Using eps ghostscript 7.07. This is what is installed at present with a
default Gentoo installation. I made no change from this when I installed
my version of the distribution. In the ebuild files for any package that
depends on ghostscript I find a virtual/ghostscript which I believe
means that any ghostscript installation will suffice.

I got the same errors switching to ghoscript-gnu (8.16) so I uninstalled
my old copy of lilypond, ran ./configure --prefix=usr (no warnings this
time), rebuilt and reinstalled it. I still get the same errors
(ghostscript_gnu_8_16.log)

So I unmasked mftrace in the Gentoo portage system and upgraded to it.
After which I uninstalled lilypond, ran ./configure --prefix=/usr,
rebuilt and reinstalled.

Only by doing the last step was I am to compile my test.ly without
errors. I hope the attached information helps.