Single line stave

From: Jamie Bullock
Subject: Single line stave
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:06:53 +0000

Dear list,

I apologise if this in the docs and/or the list archives - I couldn't
find the answer..

Is there a way to reduce the stave down to a single line for a number of
bars in a score. I tried using percussion-style like this:

\new DrumStaff <<
        \set DrumStaff.drumStyletable = #(alist->hash-table
percussion-style)
c4

...but I am sure this is completely wrong; it just produces an error.

I also want to be able to use arbitrary noteheads on the one-line stave
e.g. xcircle.

Lilypond v. 2.6.5

Thanks,

Jamie