Putting a TabStaff and Staff on same sheet with lyrics

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Putting a TabStaff and Staff on same sheet with lyrics
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:28:11 -0600

Here is a simple file that I thought would be a good start for me
getting into using lilypond. The intent is to produce the sheet music
for fingerpicking guitar in regular note notation and tablature with the
lyrics. I am not seeing the first staff of 'Guitar 1' on the output.
Also I am not sure how to properly write out the lyrics yet in lilypond.

Stephen

----------------------------------
\version "2.6.5"

global= {
        \time 2/2
        \key a \minor
}

%---------------------------
%   First guitar (regular)
%--------------------------
firstGuitar = \context Staff {
        \set Staff.instrument = "Guitar 1 "
        \relative c
        {
                % Am (measure 1)
                d'4^"Am" a' f' d

                % Am F (measure 2)
                a, d
                bes^"F" d

                % C (measure 3)
                f^"C" a f' c

%---------------------------
%   Lyrics
%---------------------------
words = \lyricmode { Let all mor- tal flesh keep si- lence, }

%---------------------------
%   First guitar (tablature)
%---------------------------
tabGuitar = \context TabStaff {
        \set TabStaff.minimumFret = 5
        \set TabStaff.instrument = "Guitar 2 "

        \relative c
        {
                % Am (measure 1)
                d a f' d'

                % Am F (measure 2)
                a d'
                bes d'

                % C (measure 3)
                f a f' c'

%   Score
\score {
        \context Staff << \global \firstGuitar >>
        \context TabStaff << \global \tabGuitar >>
        \layout {}