midi2ly on Mac OS X

From: Jim Sizelove
Subject: midi2ly on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:26:07 -0500

Greetings to all,

I have just recently started using lilypond, and I like it very much. I have a bunch of little compositions I made in Melody Assistant a few years ago. Now I want to translate them into lilypond files. midi2ly seems to be the way to do this.

When I call midi2ly it fails with the following python traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/LilyPond.app//Contents/Resources/bin/midi2ly", line 48, in ?
    import midi
ImportError: No module named midi

I am using LilyPond 2.6.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.

What is the best way to get lilypond to set the right path for the python modules?

Cheers,
Jim