Re: Including style files

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Including style files
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:27:52 -0500

On Thursday 08 December 2005 09:14 am, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a beginner at lilypond and I am getting confused trying to do
something
> which seems to be a very natural and frequently occuring task to me,
but for
> which I cannot find proper documentation and/or examples on the web
and in the
> manual.
>
> I want to create a collection of many short tunes, each one living in
a separate
> lilypond file. For these tunes I want to have a uniform layout which I
want to
> be able to change quickly for all files. So the natural idea is to
move the
> necessary definitions to a separate file, say "tune.ly" and read them
with

> \include "tune.ly"

See slyce.py, on my site.  An example is the Carcassi 'scales', q.v.,
under
instruction.  It stores all the tunes in one file and then you create
a separate file for each tune with a single command.  It's very fast
and simple.  daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
"Dynamic Guitar Technique": http://www.openguitar.com/instruction.html