Re: Extending feta font

From: Andrzej Kopec
Subject: Re: Extending feta font
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:37:38 +0100

Mats Bengtsson writes:
 > You may be surprised to hear, but the Feta font has actually been designed
 > without a graphical interface. It's done using metafont which is a kind of
 > very weird programming language for specifying fonts.

Yes, I've looked through a few MF tutorials,and things don't seem look so bad...

 > Anyway, since version 2.6, LilyPond can handle virtually any font file that
 > you have on your computer so it shouldn't be hard to make your own font,
 > using a font design program with a graphical interface if you wish, and then
 > tell LilyPond to use that wherever you wish.
 >
 >    /Mats

so I have another question: how to obtain from this handmade non-feta font
desired glyph
as a stencil? I mean something like this:

(ly:font-get-glyph (what here?) "glyph-name?")

BTW: I also try to design my symbols without gui, and  I have to correct output
generated
by such programs at least (usually curves).

thnx&rgrds
/ak/