Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:50:24 +0100

Don Blaheta wrote:
Quoth Han-Wen Nienhuys:

Don Blaheta wrote:

2) Is there a Scheme function to retrieve the _current_ context?  It
looks like all the functions require a context as an argument.

What do you mean by "current" ? Where do you need it ?

The context that is enclosing the point where the Scheme function is
called.  I guess it's probably in the location variable that is the
second argument to a music-function, but I'm not sure how to access it
from there.

I'm actually particularly interested in getting the id of the current
context, so I can store it in a variable and use the value of that
variable later.

I don't understand this. What are you trying to achieve?

and then include in my code

  \foo "blah"

I get an error
  funcs.ly:26:14: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting SCM_T or
SCM_IDENTIFIER
      \foo "blah
                "
  error: errors found, ignoring music expression

\foo #"bla"