Re:Lyric word spanning two notes (Stephen Torri)

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re:Lyric word spanning two notes (Stephen Torri)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:12:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi!

I copied your file and convert-ly'd it to 2.7.20 (my version) and compiled it. I'm first of all wondering if, although you're using a very ancient hymn (Let all mortal flesh keep silence), you're perhaps writing a new tune for it? Because the notes you have in there so far bear no resemblance to the tune "Picardy" which traditionally goes with that hymn. That is what I have on file, should you wish -- you can have the ly file, and a PDF if you like -- just let me know.

Also, I see time values with the words -- if you have them with the notes, that should be all that is necessary. Putting slurs over the notes, or using _ within the words should align the words to the notes they belong with. Try tweaking some of your code -- or if you're a non-geek like me, find a template which works with your version and is similar to what you want (i.e. two instruments, words, etc.) and put your notes and words in that file, a bit at a time, compiling often so you can make sure it keeps on working.

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon Gilbert

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Fr. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |