Re: Lyric word spanning two notes (Stephen Torri)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyric word spanning two notes (Stephen Torri)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:24:03 +0100

The notational convention for songs is to write two slurred (or tied)
quarter notes. Since this notation means something else for a guitarist,
you have to decide if you want your typeset piece to be a guitar piece
with attached lyrics or a song that can be played by a guitar, in order
to choose which of these two incompatible conventions to follow.

   /Mats