Re: "Umlaute" in \header

From: Wolfgang Mechsner
Subject: Re: "Umlaute" in \header
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:56:30 +0000

The mystery was indeed in the .emacs file. The following setting

(standard-display-european t)
(set-language-environment 'Latin-1)

contradicted the utf-8 setting:

(custom-set-variables
  '(current-language-environment "UTF-8")
 '(default-input-method "rfc1345")
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
Thank you a lot for your solution!
Wolfgang.