Re: Adjusting slurs and brackets

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Adjusting slurs and brackets
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:56:14 +0100

Heimdall Midgard wrote:

2005/12/19, Gilles <address@hidden>:
So, could someone please give me a code snippet on how
to raise or lower the vertical placement of a slur
relative to the notes (or if possible, relative to the
fingering, which it collides with).
You can try playing with:

 \override Score.Slur #'height-limit = #4.5

or/and

 \override Script #'padding = #1.5

Neither appears to work, at least the way I used it in the
following code fragment (I hope I didn't omit anything
essential). I used deliberately small and large values to
exagerrate any side-effect the overrides might have (none).

upper = \relative c' {
 \time 4/4
 \key c \major
 \clef treble
 \override Score.SeparationItem #'padding = #1.0
 \override Score.Slur #'height-limit = #-20
 \override Script #'padding = #100.5
 \phrasingSlurUp
 c4-1\( d-2 e-3 f-4
 g4-5 e4-3 c2-1\)

Since you use phrasing slurs instead of ordinary slurs, you have to use

\override Score.PhrasingSlur #'height-limit = ...

to control it. Similarly, to control a fingering, you should set the property
on the Fingering object, not on the Script object:

\override Fingering #'padding = #10.0

  /Mats