Re: Version differences

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: Version differences
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:59:16 -0800

I found that I had to install Java first then reinstall jedit and everything worked fine. It took a long time to download the java because I'm on modem and so it took two tries but when I finally got it installed I was really glad I went to the trouble. Before getting it I was 'trying' to edit files with something called texted from www.greenhousemm.com but that wasn't as good as jedit.
Jay

Daniel Johnson wrote:

Gordon Gilbert wrote:

Also, I tried to install jEdit for Windoze on that machine, and was
unsuccessful.  Does anybody know what I must do for that?  I'd rather
not have to use the MS text editor if I can help it.  Or is there
another good editor for Lilypond that I can install easily on Windoze?

You might try installing the Java Runtime Environment on the Windoze box
(since jedit is a Java app).
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp