two questions compile (times maybe) and question on barline repeats

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: two questions compile (times maybe) and question on barline repeats
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:28:21 -0800

v.2.6.4
winxp
I have a 1200 line file (so far) and it was compiling in 2 minutes or less and now it has begun not to compile at all. Is there something I can look for that would explain this without submitting the entire file?

Secondly
I just entered a series of 2 measure exercises (guitar/Giuliani) with \bar "|:" at the beginning and \bar ":|" at the end of each two bars but the end repeat does not show. I tried adding \break which did not change anything and I thought perhaps that I could use \bar ":|:" with a \break but no luck so is there a bug or a 'special' technique to get

single 2 measure line with repeat signs

Jay

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton