Re: Captions with French words and accents

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: Captions with French words and accents
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:12:34 +0100 (MET)

Hi Linda!

> I would like to know how to typeset a caption under a musical example.
What is your intent of putting a caption under an example? Is it some kind
of (scientific) publication meaning you'll have a lot of musical snippets in
one paper? That is what I derive from your first posting.

In that case I would suggest to use lilypond only for typesetting the music
and to leave captioning (and espacially numbering) to your word processing
software (LaTeX, Word or what else...).

For captions done by lilypond a simple _\markup {...} (or like Dave already
mnetioned ^\markup...) attached to the first note or rest in your example
should do it. (After all that would be the way I handled it.)

Kind regards,
Thies