Re: \new StaffGroup ---- difficulties...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \new StaffGroup ---- difficulties...
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:38:51 +0100

I considered the previous behaviour a bug and "corrected" it, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-09/msg00103.html

If you want the bracket also for a single stave, just do

\layout {
... \context{
   \StaffGroup
     \override SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1

  /Mats

Trent Johnston wrote:

Hi Again,
Am I right in assuming now that when I use the \new StaffGroup that this will only work when there are multiple staves within it. So in the example below I get the bracket around the two violin staves. But the \new StaffGroup just around the the bass instrument part the command seems to be ignored. This used to work in earlier versions of the 2.7 branch but doesn't seem to work any more. Is there a new command? I can't seem so find it in the manual if there is. \score { <<
  \new StaffGroup <<
  \ViolinIg
  \ViolinIIg

  \Sopranog
\context Lyrics = "lmelodySop" \lyricmode { \lyricsto "melodySop" \verseg } \new StaffGroup <<
  \Bassig \basfig >>

}} Thanks again for your help Trent

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing