Re: changing papersize between multiple scores in a single file

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: changing papersize between multiple scores in a single file
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:31:10 +0000

vanDongen/Gilcher wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new to the list and to lilypond. It is a great program from what little I have done and seen so far.

I just started a composition that I decided to notate it entirely in lily, and I am very happy with the results I am getting. But I have a question, Is it possible to change the papersize between diffent score blocks?
I tried inserting a \paper block inside a \score block but that doesn't work.

The idea is that I write all the parts as macro-variables. And then at the bottom you get:

\score {
   \header {
     title = "ah"
     composer = "Gerard van Dongen"
   }
\layout {
     \context {
\Staff
fontSize=#-2.3

   \midi {
     \tempo 4=160
   }
<<
     \context Staff = viool \viool
\context StaffGroup = blazers << \context Staff = altsax
\altsax

\context Staff = trompet
\trompet

\context Staff = trombone
\trombone

and then another score for the next movement of the suite, and then at the very end make "scores" for the indiviual parts.
But I want the scores to be landscape and the parts to be portait.
And possible the scores should be a bigger size.

I hope this is possible, but how?
I usually make each part a separate file. at least the portrait parts and the landscape parts could be separate files. I have one or more files that contain the music and \include those in the files that do the layout.

Paul Scott