Re: Lilytool broke: any suggestions?

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: Lilytool broke: any suggestions?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:24:08 -0500

From:   Tim Sawyer <address@hidden>
To:     Stephen Corey <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:54:17 +0000  (16:54 EST)

I know nothing about lilytool, so I'll reply direct to you rather than the
list.

It looks like you're running a JDK 5.0 class file on a JDK1.4 JVM, hence it
doesn't understand the class file format.

Try a "java -version" at a command prompt to see which version is the default
on your path.  If it's 1.4 then that's the problem, you need to find a way of
changing the path around.  You could also try typing "which java" at a
prompt, that might tell you the location of the binary being run.

Hope that helps!

Tim.

Tried Tim's suggestions and he is correct and this does at least seem to
be the bulk of the problem.  I have read that there are still some issues
with java and x86_64 and would prefer to just revert to jEdit 4.2,
Lilytool 2.7, and all compatible plugins as I have a deadline approaching.
Could anyone email me the correct jar files or point to a source for
them?  Thanks much...