Re: GNU clarification

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: GNU clarification
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 22:14:47 +0100

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 05:25:41PM -0200, Pedro Kröger wrote:
> > 1. is this a violation of the GNU?
>
> I believe you mean the GPL? no, it's not a violation. You can do
> whatever you want with the output lilypond generates. The license
> applies to the source code of the program itself (i.e. the source code
> of lilypond).

And binary distributions, too. Which isn't important in this case, since
only the output is to be distributed.

But what about the fonts, which are included in "binary" form in each
printout generated by LilyPond -- maybe even if printed on paper.

Ciao,
        Kili

--
"We're still waiting for the Vatican to officially canonize
this kernel, but trust me, that's only a matter of time.