Re: Three Questions

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Re: Three Questions
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:26:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Nahum Wengrov <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) Can I hide, from the pdf output, the time signature at the
> beginning of a
> score?
> (I've done the 2nd line of notes as a separate score, because it has
> an
> additional Voice & Lyrics staff not existing in the the 1st line.)
> Alternatively, can I have the 1st line of notes in a score having
> only Piano
> staves, and the following lines with an additional Voice & Lyrics
> staff, in
> the same score?

I think the second suggestion is probably better if you can get it
working, but you can remove the time signature with:

\layout{
  \context{
    \remove Time_signature_engraver

To see this working, have a look at some examples in the documentation
(<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/First-steps.html#First-steps>,
for example) and click on the image of any music with no time
signature.

Hope this helps,

Joe