Re: feature request: semi-automatic vertical spacement

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: feature request: semi-automatic vertical spacement
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:26:37 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:
  The pagebreak/linebreak/stretching is put into an alist, and stored
  with the system in a table

... will it also be possible to set the *absolute* page position of
each staff (and therefore each system) on a page-by-page basis (by
means of some reference point, possibly the bottom staffline of each
staff)? Something like:

page 1:

  system 3:
     staff 2, bottom staffline: 29.92 cm from page-bottom
     staff 1, bottom staffline: 26.24 cm from page-bottom

Perhaps absolute positioning might not be the right way to go, but it
would certainly help me vertically fix staves exactly where I want
them on the page. If absolute positioning doesn't fit with the model,
then that's certainly ok; but if we can think of a good, lily-esque
way of adding absolute positioning during the proposed refactoring,
then I'd certainly be interested in helping fund the work.

(Or maybe this is already possible some other way and I just haven't
researched hard enough; if so, please ignore the request.)

Of course it's possible, you just have to write loads of Scheme code :-)

I can look into this. Shall I make a combined quote for refactoring the pagelayout to do both automatic stretching and absolute positioning?

Regards,

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com