Re: newbie:poor quality output

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: newbie:poor quality output
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:07:06 +0100

It seems that you have some installation problems, even though it's hard
to say exactly what the problem is without seeing an example PDF file
and the printouts of
lilypond --verbose yourfile.ly

On the other hand, I really recommend to install LilyPond version 2.6
instead. It has several improvements over the, by now fairly old, version 2.4
included in Debian. The universal Linux installation package available at
www.lilypond.org should work out of the box on Debian Sarge.

  /Mats

D Josiah Boothby wrote:

Are you referring to printed output or screen display of the pdf?

Different PDF viewers and ghostscript libraries seem to produce different results on screen, sometimes in some fairly problematic ways. I have seen no problems when I've printed to paper, however.

Josiah