Re: Grand Unified Binaries: 2.7.27 release 3 available

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Grand Unified Binaries: 2.7.27 release 3 available
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:30:08 -0800

On 13-Jan-06, at 3:21 AM, John Wiedenhoeft wrote:

It should also work if you're a normal user. ~/bin/ is in the PATH in
most distributions, isn't it?

I thought so. But obviously its not the case on my system. Where can I
see which paths are in and which not?

I've always added ~/bin/ to my path myself -- I've never seen it set up in the path already. We certainly shouldn't count on it being there.

- Graham