Re: Lyric Bugs??

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: Lyric Bugs??
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:16:51 +1100

I've attached a proper example showing this problem. The .ps/.pdf file produce there shows dots and other artifacts mixed with the lyrics.

I've tried both Windows and Linux versions of 2.7.27 both outputs display this problem.

Any help appreciated.

Trent
Good Afternnon again,

I'm currently playing around with lyrics trying to get them stay within the barline. I am doing this because sometimes a word or syllable will end up hanging outside the right hand side of a score (still under a note but because the length of the syllable it can sometimes just hang in space.).

But anyway the problem is now that I tried to force the syllables within the bar I get a lot of artificats (dots short black lines etc.). I've provided the score/layout part of my score. Am I doing anything wrong?? or is it a bug?

This is the case with both the current 2.7.27 windows and linux versions.

Regards,

Trent

\score {
 <<
  \new StaffGroup <<
  \staffViolin
  \staffViolinII

  \new ChoirStaff <<
  \staffAlto
  \context Lyrics = "lmelodyAlt" \with { \consists "Bar_engraver" } \lyricmode  { \lyricsto "melodyAlt" \altolyr }

  \staffTenor
  \context Lyrics = "lmelodyTen" \with { \consists "Bar_engraver" } \lyricmode  { \lyricsto "melodyTen" \tenolyr }

  \staffBass
  \context Lyrics = "lmelodyBas" \with { \consists "Bar_engraver" } \lyricmode  { \lyricsto "melodyBas" \basslyr }

  \new StaffGroup <<
  \staffCello >>

 \midi {
 }

 \layout  {
  \context { \Score \override InstrumentName #'space-alist = #'((left-edge . (extra-space . 2.3))) }
  \context {\RemoveEmptyStaffContext}
  \context { \Lyrics \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver" }
  indent = 2.0\cm