RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17

From: alanvw
Subject: RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:54:42 +1300

Hi!

If you're using Windoze, you might want to use Wordpad, instead of Notepad

as your editor. I've found on my windoze machine that this is the easiest

editor to use -- I think it's part of their distro. I tried installing

jEdit, but only got as far as installing java, and haven't been able to

install jEdit itself. Meantime, I'm having no problems with Wordpad --

I've put it on the desktop to make it easier -- just slide my .ly file (it

has no trouble using the .ly extension) into the icon to open, then slide

it into the lilypond icon for compiling.

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon Gilbert

Hi Gordon, you might like to try Notepad++ as your editor as it has more features to assist the process of entering code etc. You can download it from the GNU site.

regards Alan.

PS I would like to hear from others who use Notepad++ and a comment from Han.