writing Irish Traditional music

From: debian
Subject: writing Irish Traditional music
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:52:06 +0000

Please,

is there any recommended sources of info on writing Irish Tradition tunes using
Lilypond ?

(For example, how does one stipulate rolls ?)

Lilypond is a super system.  I love it already, after years of using ABC.
Thanks a lot.

Does anyone have any hints for a fast:

        editor -> score -> midi

revision cycles ?

I use timidity and xemacs.

I see no point in involving products like Rosegarden or Noteedit et
al.  I just key the Lilypond source straight into the file using
xemacs and then browse the score and listen to the midi, before doing
corrections.

Thanks again.

Joe Mc Cool