RE: Hebrew, UTF-8, etc.

From: Nahum Wengrov
Subject: RE: Hebrew, UTF-8, etc.
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 02:27:00 +0200

Quoting Matts Bengtsson:

>> hello
>>
>>> Is there a known bug in Notepad concerning UTF-8, or is it UTF-8
>>> encoding incompatible with Lilypond?

>On the contrary, LilyPond only knows about UTF-8, since version 2.6.0,
>see the manual.

I was asking if Notepad's UTF-8 encoding is incompatible with Lilypond.

>> If you use The Windows NotePad they can not save in UFT-8 !

>Certainly it can, at least in Windows XP (unfortunately not in Win98,
though)!

Sorry to disappoint you. Notepad can only save as *signed* UTF-8 format.
Which is indeed incompatible with Lilypond.

>> If you want a simple textEditor  use NotePad2
>> http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
>> in the file menu choise code UFT-8

>Or look at the latest weeks discussions on different text editors in
>the mailing list archives.

Thanks, I'm already using Notepad2 for files having unicode. Seems not to be
working well with Hebrew though.