Re: force distance between bars for chord only staff

From: freddy
Subject: Re: force distance between bars for chord only staff
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:13:15 +0100

Thanks Mats, I did upgrade to unstable branch 2.7.27 and the new feature proportional spacing is working fine. Thanks !

Freddy.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:01:58 +0100
 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro* If you search the mailing list archives, you will find that this is a very popular question (even though most people don't ask for the specific case of a score with only chords). Possibly you can use the support for proportional notation introduced in version 2.7.something, see the example called spacing-proportional.ly in the Regression Test document for version 2.7. Otherwise the standard trick is to include an invisible voice with only 16th notes or whatever, which will fix the horizontal spacing.

In most scores, this kind of fixed spacing looks so ugly, so
that's why it's not directly supported in LilyPond.

  /Mats

address@hidden wrote:

May I ask again for assistance on this point ? no feedback for the moment, did I miss to communicate some information ?

Thanks,
Freddy.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:23:23 +0100