Force printing of Staff symbol

From: Gilles
Subject: Force printing of Staff symbol
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:26:22 +0100

Hello.

How can I force the printing of the staff even if it is empty,
i.e. sort of the opposite of "\RemoveEmptyStaffContext".

By default, in a StaffGroup, for staves without music (not even
multi-measures rests), lilypond shows, on the first system, the
clef and time and key signatures but without printing the staff
lines; then for subsequent systems nothing is printed.

I'd rather not insert skip notes, since this file is to serve as
a template and the length and time signature of the actual music
will each time be different; I just want the empty staves to follow
(in length) the non-empty ones.

[I hope that was clear...]

Version 2.6.3 (on Debian).

Thanks,