Re: markup free positioning?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: markup free positioning?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:42:32 +0100

Felix Hammer wrote:
Hello

I want to know of there is an option to positioning a \markup text completly free on the paper?

\book {
        \markup { "abc" }

        \score {
        <<
        d4 e f g

        }

        \markup { "hij" }
}

For example. I want to place "hij" above "abc" or overlap "abc". Or i want to overlap the score with "hij". The problem is everytime that i can place near to the other element but not near enough or cannot overlap.

Is there a switch like "\override CollisionCheck = #off"?

much thx. Felix

p.s. i try to write some education-paper and dont like latex for only a few text-samples

Why don't you put them in the same \markup ?

  \markup { abc \translate #'(something) hij }

and translate to make hij overlap with abc?