Re: page size?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: page size?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:58:40 -0800

On 24-Jan-06, at 2:49 PM, James E. Bailey wrote:

I have a funny thing. So I'm using 2.6.5 (latest stable) and I have #(set-default-paper-size "tabloid"). What outputs is a file that is letter size, but thinks it's tabloid. Would making a \paper block resolve this?

If you're using linux, freebsd, or osx, try this command:
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=11x17 file.ps

I can't remember what the issue(s) were, but that's what I wrote last summer when I was making shell scripts to do tabloid paper.

In case you're interested, here's the whole command that makes a booklet with letter-sized pages (using tabloid-sized paper folded in half)

psbook $1.ps | psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter | ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=11x17 - tab-$1.pdf

Cheers,
- Graham