Re: right and left-align

From: andrea valle
Subject: Re: right and left-align
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:09:42 +0100

Thanks Mats,
I suspected but wasn't sure.
So what should I use to have right / left-align in the way \center works?
I need to have instrument names right aligned near staff beginning.
Thanks again

-a-

On 25 Jan 2006, at 14:56, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

If you read the documentation carefully, you will notice that center-align does something completely different than right-align
and left-align. It seems like a very unfortunate choice of command
names.

  /Mats

Quoting andrea valle <address@hidden>:

Hi to all,
In markup do \right and \left-align work in the same way of \center-align?
I mean:
\markup{\center-align { \line{temple 3} \line{2} \line{blocks}}
\markup{\right-align { \line{temple 3} \line{2} \line{blocks}}
\markup{\left-align { \line{temple 3} \line{2} \line{blocks}}

I thought so, but while \center-align behaves correctly (3 lines), the other two commands write on the same line thus producing overlapping lines.
What am I missing?
Thanks

-a-

 (on macosx 10.3, lily 2.7.27)

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea