Re: hiding staves removes complete system

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: hiding staves removes complete system
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:30:11 -0800

On 25-Jan-06, at 7:48 AM, Toine Schreurs wrote:

From an orchestral score I want to create a score of the percussion
instruments only. Now percussionists are used to large numbers of rests.
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext is very usefull in leaving out staves with
no musical content.
But if all of the staves in one system only contain rests, the whole system
disappears. It would be nice to leave at least one staff visible.

Which staff should remain visible, though?  (ie Staff.instrument name)

I think it's easier to use "s1" (possibly in conjunction with R1 --
<< R1 s1>>
to keep a staff visible.

Cheers,
- Graham