Transposing in modes??

From: mrzonules (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Transposing in modes??
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:04:41 -0800 (PST)

I am interested in making some practice excercises that are mostly small "riffs" that are repeated  in varoius keys. A very primitive example would be \key c \major { c8 d e f g f e d  | d e f g a g f e | e f g a b a g f | ...} and so on. Is there a way to make it easier, like to define a riff { c8 d e f g f e d } and \transpose it somehow to make sequences?? The \transpose seems to move the same riff into a different key altogether. Is there some sort of diatonic or modal shift I can apply? It won't let me
{ \transpose c d \dorian \sequence }. I hope this is a clear enough question. Thanks in advance!

-Nathan

Sent from the Gnu - Lilypond - User forum at Nabble.com.