Re: Documentation tarball

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Documentation tarball
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:53:45 +0100

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:54:42 +0100
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:

I would be really happy if the lilypond docs where available as a
tarball and not only browsable online. I have never succeeded in
building the docs locally, and doing a websuck on the entire docs is
time consuming on this 56k dial-up...

If you don't want to supply such a doc tarball officially, maybe
some other with web access would like to put one up for me? =)

Try downloading the -documentation RPM for fedora. It contains a copy
of the web tarball.

I'm not running a RPM based distro, how do I just extract the files
from an RPM package without installing anything?

look for rpm2cpio