Grace Note Stem Length

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Grace Note Stem Length
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:00:43 +1100

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or but I'll try here first. The length of the beamed grace notes in this bar appear to be very elongated is this how they are supposed to appear? Is there a way to shorten the stem length of the beamed grace notes?

I've tried \override Beam #'beamed-stem-shorten = '(1.0 0.5 0.25)

as in the manual but the details for this function are unclear. I can't work out what the list of numbers relate to. The description in the manual (see below) doesn't
give enough information. Do you only put a number for each flag. ie. 2 numbers for two flags in this case.

======================
beamed-stem-shorten (list):
'(1.0 0.5 0.25)

How much to shorten beamed stems, when their direction is forced. It is a list, since the value is different depending on the number flags/beams.
======================

BTW I've noticed that

Under the "TupletBracket" description  #'bracket-visibility  (to turn on and off the appearance of the bracket) and #'staff-padding = ##f to allow the tuplet numbers to enter the staff seem to be missing.

Any help with my other questions appreciated.

Regards,

Trent

Grace note example
% Created on Sun Jan 29 15:05:34 EST 2006
\version "2.7.29"

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

\header {
}

\include "english.ly"

staffViolin = \new Staff  {
 \time 4/4
 \set Staff.instrument="Violin"
 \set Staff.midiInstrument="violin"
 \key d \major
 \clef treble
 \relative c'' {
 \override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##f
 \override TupletBracket #'staff-padding = ##f
 \tupletUp \times 2/3 { cs32[( d e } e16)] \times 2/3 { d32[( e fs } fs16)] cs8[ \grace { a16[ b]} b8] cs16[ fs8 e16~] e16 d8 cs32 b
 \bar "|."

\score {
 <<
  \staffViolin