Re: Questions from a Wanderer Returning

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Questions from a Wanderer Returning
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:00:01 +0100

Alan McConnell wrote:

2.  I have been poking about in the lilypond fonts; I have displayed
most of the feta* fonts.  But I can't find the more fundamental fonts,
with note shapes, stems and flags; are they in the TeX hierarcy
somewhere?  [ Reason for asking: I have the occasion to make a couple
of two-bar corrections to some cello parts, and I want the staff lines
and the bar lines to be _exact_ so that I can glue in the
replacements.  I thought I would try making a TeX file that would do
that; just as an exercise<g]
As has already been pointed out, LilyPond doesn't have any
direct links to TeX anymore. Of course, it still be possible to
use the fonts in a TeX documents, but you will have to do much
more work yourself. A full list of the symbols available in the
font is included in an appendix of the manual.

However, for your specific needs I hope you have noticed that
you now can specify any staff size (not just the fixed 11pt, 16pt,
20pt, ... that were available in old LilyPond). Also, you can specify
the line width exactly, so it should be easy to do what you need
in LilyPond.

  /Mats